Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Offline Content Filter - Flash EOL

Hi.

Are there any plans to upgrade the EPRS / Offline Content Filter Reports, so it no longer uses flash? Since this will not be supported after December. This also goes for GMS 8.7 on Windows, which we are also running.

I asked support, and they said to ring back after it stops working in December, and they will look into it, which doesn't fill me with hope that it will be supported moving forward.

Thanks,

Category: Content Filtering Client

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    SuroopMCSuroopMC SonicWall Employee
    Answer ✓

Take a look at Capture Client Advanced - it combines the Content Filtering feature with NGAV and other endpoint security features. Our future direction for Content Filtering client will be based on the Capture Client platform and next year we will expand logging and reporting to also include allowed Web traffic. EPRS and the legacy client will enter Limited Support at the end of this calendar year.

Answers

• Hi @MARTINDT,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

To answer your question, the Content Filtering Client (CFC) will have limited support till 2020-12-31. Also, the GMS 8.7 comes to end of support by 2021-03-31. There should be alternate options for these. For GMS, the alternative is to upgrade to latest GMS 9.3 version. Luckily, direct upgrade from GMS 8.7 to GMS 9.3 is also supported. You may need to upgrade your GMS to 9.3 version whenever time permits.

For CFC, the alternative is yet to be announced and we haven't got any news on this. What I feel is, the next CFC release will not use "flash" as this also comes to an end. I can probably, update you further once I get the details.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• MartinDTMartinDT Newbie ✭

Hi,

I notice GMS 9.3 was released on the 25th, so I will update it to solve that issue.

I do feel like CFC has been forgotten about, it's missing several features I would have liked to see implemented by now, such as logging all web traffic not just blocked traffic, better reporting and so on. And the reporting site is very slow and intermittently doesn't work at all. I will keep an eye out for updates, but I feel we may be looking elsewhere for better solutions as our renewal is up in a few months time, and unless the update includes the ability to monitor all traffic I feel we may have to move away.

Thanks,

• Hi @MARTINDT,

I can really understand your point. I would feel the same way if I were at your place. Let me check on the plans for CFC and would get back to you anytime next week if that is OK with you. Please let us know.

Regards

Saravanan V

Professional Services

• MartinDTMartinDT Newbie ✭

If you can find out the plans that would be great....

We will have a requirement soon to also report on websites accessed off network not, not just blocked sites. So ideally we would like to be able to report on all traffic.

Thanks,

• Hi @MARTINDT,

I'll check on this and revert to you.

Regards

Saravanan V

Professional Services