Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

app control issue tz600_SonicOS 6.5.4.7-83n

samajsamaj Newbie ✭
edited November 2020 in Entry Level Firewalls

how to block the application(youtube, gaana, etc..) on android and apple phone, Ipad through firewall tz600 SonicOS 6.5.4.7-83n?

i tried all settings but not working

any link or proper suggestions?

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answers

• CORRECT ANSWER
    SaravananSaravanan Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @samaj,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

You can use CFS, App Control and App rules to block social websites. Below is one that can give you YouTube blocking using app control feature.

If you are planning to block websites, please use Content Filter and to block applications use app control or app rules.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• CORRECT ANSWER
    SaravananSaravanan Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Hi @samaj,

We do not have app control signatures for gaana and Wynk I guess. So, we'll have to to use CFS on the SonicWall to block these music websites/apps or perform a packet capture on the SonicWall by sending these website traffics via it and find the pattern of the traffic, finally create an app rule for precise blocking of such websites.

CFS should definitely be able to block the websites. If you are facing any difficulties, then approach our support team for help.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• CORRECT ANSWER
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @samaj,

Was your issue resolved?

Thank you

Answers

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @samaj

Try below steps and let us know.

Navigate to Firewall --> App Control--> Choose the category Multimedia -->Select the App (YouTube)-->Viewed by Signature and enable block the Android and Apple signatures for the YouTube.

• samajsamaj Newbie ✭

Hi @Saravanan

thanks for your reply

yes I tried by CFS but its not working

app rule is working but....not satisfied!

so.. I only able to block the sites/apps which is present in App Control signature database right?

and what about sites/apps that are not available in the signature database?(ex. gaana.com, wynk.in and many more...)

looking forward.