Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Can I get an email notification from a TZ series on reboot?

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

I would like to receive an email alert if any client TZ has been rebooted.

Does a notification feature like this exist somewhere in the product itself, or in CSC, or NSM?

As far as I'm concerned, clients shouldn't be doing this without notifying me, but it seems my warnings and cautions are being ignored. At least if I got the email, I could call the client to find out what caused them to power off / power on and determine if there's something in the environment that's causing them to think the TZ is the culprit.

Thanks!

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• Hi @LARRY,

I tried checking on this request and it doesn't seem to work in the way that you are looking. This is due to the fact that there is no Log category called "Restart by User" or any relevant category. We still see a Restart category and that's used for any auto-restarts that firewall encounters because of some random issues.

I would recommend you to create a RFE on this part.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

I would recommend you to create a RFE on this part.

@Saravanan (or @Chris ), could you please put up a locked-in notice at the top of the forums describing the exact steps required to perform this action?

'cause, honestly, I don't know what they are. And there is this old post: https://community.sonicwall.com/technology-and-support/discussion/747/feature-requests-via-the-community but that doesn't seem to be caught up in the #Boundless2020 spirit...

Thanks!