Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Logon failure the target account name is incorrect

I am facing a problem with a system when connected on VPN. The user is not able to access the ERP server and he gets the message \\server is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator    of this server to find out if you have access permission 

Logon failure the target account name is incorrect.

Category: VPN Client

Answers

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @Eurotech_FZCO2003

I'am missing some information here. You're connected through NetExtender/Mobile Connect? The error message is shown in the SMA log, the bookmark in the browser or on the client itself? From my point of view I would suggest that your user is trying to connect to an UNC path and need domain credentials for this? This is then more a Windows issue you have to connect to the domain manually and make sure your server name is resolveable.

I'am only playing the guessing game at the moment.

--Michael@BWC

• we are using global vpn client. the user can access other servers. only the sql server having the issue

Hi @Eurotech_FZCO2003

OK, so it's not SMA related. Do you have all the needed destinations in your VPN access tab for the users? Do you see any packets dropped on the firewall? The SQL server is in the same network as the other servers? Can you ping the SQL server (or the other servers)?

--Michael@BWC

• Hi Michael@BWC

Do you have all the needed destinations in your VPN access tab for the users?

Yes

Do you see any packets dropped on the firewall?

I checked there is any packet drop on the firewall.

The SQL server is in the same network as the other servers?

Yes

Can you ping the SQL server (or the other servers)?

Yes

Hi @Eurotech_FZCO2003

I guess you meant there isn't any packet drop on the firewall? You should check with the packet-monitor and not rely on the event log.

I'am afraid it looks like that it isn't a firewall issue, maybe the Windows firewall on the SQL server? Can you log the access attempts on the SQL server to see if they go through?

--Michael@BWC

• SQL frontend web server may be limited to only accepting connections from certain IP ranges (probably the LAN network). I have seen similar issues before.

• Hi @Eurotech_FZCO2003 ,

I agree with @MasterRoshi . It could be due to the IP address of the GVC client that is accessing the server. Are you using the DHCP pool from X0 subnet for GVC or a totally different range?

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services