Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Virtual Office Portal Settings

Hello,

How do you change the Portal Logo Settings?

Googling it show's me screen shots of the "Dell SonicWall" devices with a "Choose File" and a "Update Logo" button.

But I only have a free text field. I tried to give it a URL to a gif. e.g. http://www.website.com/folder/file.gif But this didn't do anything? Do I TFTP the logo to the device??

Category: Entry Level Firewalls
Tagged:

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    prestonpreston Enthusiast ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Tularis , Sonicwall, have finally sorted a fix for this, they haven't mentioned it in the release notes, I only noticed recently that they have added a Tooltip next to the Logo options on the Gen7 Appliances, but this also works on Gen6 Appliances

you need to go to the Diag page, to get to this from Gen6 GUI replace main.html with diag.html / Gen7 just add diag after the m/ (m/diag)

Select Internal Settings, then search for CSP (CRTL+F) and add your Domain where the logo is hosted in to the section, select accept, then exit internal settings, you should now see your logo not the SonicWall one (if you have added the link in the SSLVPN Portal settings Page) when you go to the SSLVPN login page.

Answers

• prestonpreston Enthusiast ✭✭

Hi @Tularis

This maybe because you are referring to a HTTP link(within a HTTPS page) not a HTTPS link try it with a HTTPS one, see if you get the same result.

• TularisTularis Newbie ✭

AHA! It doesn't say anything about that on the interface. Let me try it!

Nope, Uploading it to an HTTPS Server did not work.

• prestonpreston Enthusiast ✭✭

Hi @Tularis,

This looks like it could be a bug I've done some futher testing and it doesn't work

All I get when I inspect the browser session is that it is being refused, it may be that they will have to start using a Base64-encoded Logo Icon instead.

I've given feedback to SonicWall about this

Wow, Thank you so much for your reply. I had just written this off as "one of those things". I will test this as soon as I am able.

• rstevenwrstevenw Newbie ✭
    edited November 2021

I was able to get this to work on my SonicWall TZ500 by entering the following into the diag.html --> Internal Settings --> CSP Header box.

domainname.com

www.domainname.com

Note: substitute your companies website domain name with "domainname"

After entering the and saving the the above entries the logo appeared on the login portal.