Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

TZ670 - Laptops outside the network only accessing to the internet by VPN

César_SCésar_S Newbie ✭

Hello,

This is my 1st post. I hope that I'm doing in the correct section.

I don't know if its possible or not, but did anyone ever created a "rule" that laptops that are outside of the domain network can only access the internet if they turn on the SSL VPN?

I'm asking this because I'm about to change the firewalls of a company from Draytek to TZ670.

The same company will also get all the services for the TZ670, with that comes all the protections.

They've on-prem sophos anti-virus, but with TZ670 I won't be needing it, and since it needs to be renewed soon, they might not do it.

That's why I'm asking if is there a way to prevent company laptops outside of the network to only be able to access the internet with the SSL VPN working.

Category: SSL VPN
Tagged:

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    SaravananSaravanan Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @CÉSAR_S,

Thanks for your response.

IMO the requirement would be not possible with SSLVPN feature on the firewall as any user connected via SSLVPN will be treated as a user who is part of the LAN or local network. So, differentiating the user traffic based on domain name would be out of question. Possibly I can check if the same requirement is possible with any SMA appliance models and keep you posted here.

Please standby.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

Answers