Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

SMA EPC with iOS Devices

Has anyone setup EPC (Endpoint Control) on the SMA 7200 series with either Directory Name or Filename for iOS devices. Seems like the SonicWALL admin guide is pretty useless as it has examples of iOS 5, which is 9 years old. Also what they have documented in the admin guide does not work.

Category: Secure Mobile Access Appliances

Answers

• SimonSimon Moderator

Hi @Ashish

Yes, it is an example for how to fill out the field. There is no suggestion that 5 is the correct number for any particular environment.

I will recommend the documentation people look into modernizing the numbers in the example.

If you are having issues configuring EPC device profiles for iOS I recommend you open a support case. This usually requires seeing how you are trying to configure it to resolve the issue.

• AshishAshish Newbie ✭

Hi @Simon,

Unfortunately the instructions specified in the guide no longer work as the iOS file structure and permissions have changed since iOS 5. I even opened a support case, however support is unable to find a resolution. Any help will greatly be appreciated.