Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Two WAN connections - Single SSL certificate?

I have a TZ350 which has two WAN connections. We'll say that AT&T service has an external IP address of 1.1.1.1 and spectrum has an external IP address of 2.2.2.2. Through my DNS provider, I have assigned an A record for ATT.mydomain.com which points to 1.1.1.1 and another A record for SPECTRUM.mydomain.com which points to 2.2.2.2

Since the connections are comparable in speed, I'd like for the end users to be able to use either one when using SSL VPN. As it is now, I have installed a sectigo essential ssl certificate for att.mydomain.com and it's working properly. However, users who access the SSLVPN through spectrum.mydomain.com naturally get certificate errors.

What is the preferred way to install a single certificate onto the TZ350 which would apply to both WAN connections?

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi @AUSTEX_AEC,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

The best way to achieve your requirement of using a single SSL certificate for two WAN connections is to use one domain name (ATT.mydomain.com or SPECTRUM.mydomain.com) and map both the WAN IP addresses (1.1.1.1 and 2.2.2.2) to the specific one domain name.

Let us know if any questions.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• Thanks for the comments. I was able to solve this by (1) creating a wildcard CSR from one of my appliances (*.mydomain.com). (2) Purchase a wildcard certificate from Sectigo. (3) import the certificate into the appliance that created the CSR.