Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

GMS 9.3

Hi Team,

I just wants to know when GMS version 9.3 is going to release. Currently we are using 8.7 version and we need to upgrade it to latest stable version.

Category: Firewall Management and Analytics

Answers

• Halon5Halon5 Enthusiast ✭✭

Hi @Darshil ,

There are some serious problems with 9.2 like backups just failing to work, sync and others. I don't think we will see 9.3 for a while yet.

You are probably better on 8.7 even though its not that great at least the backups worked (more) reliably.

Steph.

• Hi @Darshil,

The GMS 9.3 beta has been released and available for public participants. IMO, GMS 9.3 would release after this beta testing phase. Unfortunately, there is no ETA on this now but you can do post and follow ups on our below Community thread.

The direct upgrade path from GMS 8.7 to GMS 9.3 is possible.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• DarshilDarshil Newbie ✭

@Saravanan So is it advisable to install this version or we should wait for its release.

• @Darshil - If you are planning to upgrade your existing production GMS 8.7 to version 9.3, I would say please hold until the beta release gets complete and the GMS 9.3 attains its maturity suitable for production network. If you really wanna explore GMS 9.3 before deploying it to production network, then "yes" you may proceed.

Take a look at the below KB article to understand our Beta Concept.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services