Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

ssl/vpn connection failure

bmilbmil Newbie

When logging in with NetExtender on Win10, user authentication appears to work but "initializing engine...failed"appears and will not complete the connection.

Category: SSL VPN

Best Answer

Answers

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @bmil

does this KB-article cover your problem?

Just get sure you get the really latest version of NetExtender, which is not in the NetExtender section, the SMA 100 series section is the best spot for this, just check the latest firmware versions and you'll find the latest NetExtender as well.

Maybe you have to scrape the old version of the NetExtender from the system, sometimes the uninstaller leaves some files remaining which can cause weird issues.

--Michael@BWC

• KaranMKaranM Administrator

Hello @bmil,

I trust you are safe and well!

Can you please check the net extender client logs and see if you are getting logs such as:

Initializing driver …failed and Initializing engine…failed

If yes can you please try updating the client version to the latest, by following the process below:

• Uninstall the current version.
    • Reboot the machine
    • Install the latest version (example:9.0.0.274 )
    • Reboot the machine again and test it.

You can also try using the SonicWall Mobile Connect, Mobile Connect is the recommended VPN client for Windows 10. In order to know more about Mobile Connect, please follow:https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/how-can-i-configure-ssl-vpn-connections-using-mobile-connect-on-windows-10/170502784131072/.

Thank You

Knowledge Management Senior Analyst at SonicWall.

• KaranMKaranM Administrator

I have moved this question about [Net Extender] to the appropriate [SSL VPN]. Someone here will be able to better assist you.

Knowledge Management Senior Analyst at SonicWall.