Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Using Virtual Assist

Hey so i was going to try out virtual assist with one of my users but i cant seem to make it work.

from this document ( https://help.sonicwall.com/help/sw/eng/8112/8/0/0/content/Chapter2_Overview.03.26.html )

it appears that i just enable it on a particular user, and it shows up as a button on the portal. But i cant make it show up. Here are the settings i was able to find.

I dont see any other settings or a particular menu for this feature. I was going to try logmein but then i saw that i have a trial license of virtual assist so why not try that?

is there an operator manual for the SRA? i can only find the setup manual. An operators manual would probably cover this.

Category: Secure Mobile Access Appliances

Best Answer

Answers

• ok well um that does explain it... i am running version 10.2. Seems they didnt remove the settings, or licensing, sigh.

do you know if it is replaced with something else? or they just dropped this feature.

i used teamviewer for what i ahd to do this morning and it seemed to work fine.

• Halon5Halon5 Enthusiast ✭✭
    edited April 2020

Giggle... We started using Teamviewer to do that "adhoc" job too..

I kinda liked it though. We did have some issues with it from time to time. We still have a tile on our website that points to it (which I need to get rid of now).

I never got round to trying the Virtual Meeting feature but it looked like it also had some value.

I guess they never really invested in it all. So many other options around now.

I'm sure I read that they were dropping it somewhere. (i remember being somewhat disappointed). Cant seem to find it.

.. hang on... here it is

Deprecation of the VirtualAssist/VirtualMeeting Features All VirtualAssist and VirtualMeeting configurations have been removed from SMA 10.0, including client binaries, license information in the TSR, and the Status page

http://software.sonicwall.com/SRAVA/Documentation/232-004895-00_RevA_SMA_10.0.0.0_ReleaseNotes.pdf