Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

How to make the VPN connection the primary network interface?

Because of the need for remote work we have a client with LOTS of employees working from home. We have setup VPN connections (some SSL VPN others are using the GlobalVPN client). Since these are all domain computers we need to make sure the VPN connection becomes the PRIMARY LAN adapter used by Windows (10) so they can change passwords, use mapped drives, etc.

I have not been able to figure out how to do this. Can anyone lend assistance?

Category: SSL VPN

Best Answer

Answers

• SriSri Moderator

Hello @ISDPCMAN

Thank you for reaching us on SonicWall Community.

Our Subject Matter Experts will reach out to you on this thread at the earliest.

@shiprasahu93 @Nevyaditha @Saravanan @Poorni_5

Thanks and Regards,

Sridevi G

Global Service Account Manager,Premier Services

• I'll try this but I wonder if this will "stick" once the VPN is closed. If it does, then this is the solution. If it does NOT then this won't work. There are 50+ employees that work remotely and it's impractical to connect and set this up every time they connect to the VPN.

• Follow up note: We modified the NetExtender NIC properties and this works WONDERFULLY! It's persistent, across all profiles, too. Awesome fix. Thank you VERY MUCH! Now users can connect to the VPN and change their domain passwords and reconnect mapped network drives. This is EXACTLY what we were looking (and hoping) for!

• Glad to hear that. Have a good one!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services