Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Removing Appliance from CSC-MA

BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi all,

CSC-MA (1.7) is giving me a hard time and I would like to give it another shot by starting all over.

What is the recommended to unregister an appliance from CSC? The appliances was added via ZeroTouch.

Do I have to delete the VPN tunnel and objects manually on the appliance, deleting the firewall in CSC-MA as well?

--Michael@BWC

Category: Capture Security Center

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi all,

it seems that the removal and reassignment into CSC-MA worked. Here the complete list of necessary steps, or at least the steps I did with the help from the post above @Brian .

1) on MSW

• go to product details for the unit on mysonicwall.com account and disable the ZT option for that unit
    • while on the product details, change the "Managed By" option from Cloud to On-Box

2) on Appliance

• login to the unit and make sure the GMS is disabled under Manage -> Appliance -> Base Settings
    • on Manage -> VPN -> Base Settings remove the SGMS-xxxxx Tunnel
    • on Manage -> Rules -> Access Rules, search for all Rules containing GMSFlow and GMSServer and remove them
    • on Manage -> Objects -> Address Objects, search for GMSFlow and GMSServer and remove them

3) on MSW

• go to product details for the unit on mysonicwall.com account, change the "Managed By" option from On-Box to Cloud
    • while on the product details, enable the ZT for the unit

4) on Appliance

• to re-enable ZeroTouch I synced the license on Manage -> Licenses, ZeroTouch was disabled on the unit

5) on CSC-MA (NSM)

• on Home -> Overview -> Status for the specific Appliance you can watch how the unit gets acquired
    • the appliance will restart when the acquisition is done !

That's it, hopefully it'll work better this time.

--Michael@BWC

Answers

• BrianBrian SonicWall Employee

The steps I would take in doing this:

1)go to product details for the unit on mysonicwall.com account and disable the ZT option for that unit

2)while on the product details, change the "Managed By" option from Cloud to On-Box

3)login to the unit and make sure the GMS is disabled under system>administration

At this point the unit should be automatically removed from the CSC tenant and you will be ready to start over with following steps:

1)go to product details for the unit on mysonicwall.com account, change the "Managed By" option from On-Box to Cloud

2)while on the product details, enable the ZT for the unit

At this point the unit should be re-added back to the tenant for acquisition. If any errors during the acquisition, please open a support case for further review.

*If ZT agent does not receive unit heartbeats, may need to kick off ZT from unit manually in the .diag page and may need to reboot unit

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @Brian

thanks for the quick summary of the steps.

1+2) done, 3) GMS checked, was disabled. But the VPN connection to the Cloud and the GMSFlow/GMSServer Objects still exists. Need to be removed manually I guess.

--Michael@BWC