Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

How long do you believe a question should remain open without a response?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Consider this scenario. A user comes in and asks a question, a response/answer is posted but the user never comes back to mark the response as solving their issue or offer follow up information. How long should SonicWall moderators wait to mark the question as solved/closed?

Please comment with your prospective, all feedback is helpful!

Thanks everyone

Category: Water Cooler

How long do you believe a question should remain open without a response? 7 votes

3 days
0%
5 days
0%
1 week
57%
Halon5shiprasahu93prestonAjishlal 4 votes
2 weeks
28%
SaravananSri 2 votes
Longer than 2 weeks
14%
shultis 1 vote

Comments

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @Chris,

I usually give up after 2 weeks if noone responded, but I'am a frequent flyer and drop by very regular, mileage will vary :)

--Michael@BWC

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator
    2 weeks

@Chris, My opinion is to offer an optimum time of 2 weeks to maintain Calibre.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

What's your hurry? And without any response are you sure you adequately addressed the issue(s)?

These forum threads are available via Google search. Someone may have a similar question in another 3 months or years. They might want to weigh in with additional information that the OP didn't provide. Why would you want to curtail that kind of extended community involvement?

But since you are polling: You might want to mark it "closed," but not "the answer" in a month.

• prestonpreston Enthusiast ✭✭
    1 week

it would be good, if they remain unanswered for a long period of time say a week or two that they are flagged internally to SonicWall to be answered, I see a lot that have been on for weeks and people have viewed them but not answered them and some are basic questions but they are being ignored both in the community and the beta community.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Thanks for the feedback @preston