Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

What does this email mean? Warning: Unit Locally Changed

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Warning: Unit Locally Changed for Med South TZ600 [xyzzyxzyyz] on Wednesday, September 2, 2020 7:24:44 PM UTC (2020-09-02 19:24:44 UTC)

Unit changed locally - Is TRUE.

Appliance Contact Info (from the System > Info screen):

Palisades Park, New Jersey United States

I don't even know where the "System Info screen" is located, nor on what portal. But I do know that the location is Fort Lee, not Palisades Park...

Anyone have any clue to help me out?

Category: Capture Security Center

Comments

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

Hi @Larry

is this unit managed by GMS, CSC, NSM or any other 3 letter tool? It seems that the unit is modified from the Web UI and the central management is warning about changes. Is this a possibility?

Don't know about the naming (locations), but my guess is that these units are created inside the Management with this locations.

System Info Screen can be found in CSC-MA here - Manage / System / Info - this page holds Location information for a unit.

@BWC

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@BWC , I appreciate that information, and you are correct.

However, there seems to be no corresponding page within the TZ600's GUI to set this information - at least as far as I can determine.

So the only location this information appears, and can be entered, is in the CSC-MA. And because I didn't know about it, I never entered anything. Yet, there's a city, state, country selected, along with geolocation information. From where? I have no idea! At best, maybe, just maybe it's coming from the ISP - but I have no clue as to how.

I just cleared out all of the fields (except for the country drop-down) and hit Update. Let's see if that stops these sporadic emails.