Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Configuring for a Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender

I can easily use the wizard on a Sonicwall SOHO to port forward for the following requirements by verizon. But I am at a loss about the following.

Protocol ( UDP,IKE) port: 500 / 4500 I did only the UDP could not find in the protocol list the IKE.

Protocol (Bootp) port: 67/68 Target DHCP server

Has anyone else able to get this verizon 4G LTE Network Extender working? I have had at least 4 clients now using this device and I have to constantly have to restart the router to get the verizon unit to connect properly.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• Hello @PaulSchietinger,

The SOHO itself is a VPN endpoint and can act as a VPN initiator/responder. Are you performing the port forwarding for the IP address configured on the WAN interface of the firewall or a usable IP of that same subnet?

If you are running site to site VPNs or GVC on SOHO, then this port forwarding might not work as the SonicWall will try to respond to the IKE packets rather than forwarding it to the actual Verizon device.

You can either completely turn OFF the VPN engine on the firewall if not in use or use an additional IP from the WAN interface pool if any.

Also, if the Verizon device is the initiator, the response to that IKE might be getting through making this work intermittently.

I would suggest to reach out to our support team so that we can investigate as to when it is not working, what is the firewall doing with those packets?

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services