Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

GMS can't access units after IP Address change

We changed the IP address of our GMS 9.2 vm yesterday. After the change, GMS was accessible and appeared to be able to communicate with the firewalls. I was able to use the "log into unit" feature and access firewalls from GMS.

Today, all of the firewalls appear to be showing down, (I'm not sure about the new icons), but I am still able to log into unit from the GMS interface.

The firewalls are connecting using "Existing Tunnel"

I've checked the firewall rules VPN --> GMS subnet has the correct allow rules

I added a test address object in GMS, and the setting reverts back after trying to update the firewall, and failing

I can ping the GMS ip from the remote firewalls

Any ideas?

Category: Firewall Management and Analytics

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    shultisshultis Newbie ✭
    Answer ✓

Call with Support

They determined that the IP address change caused a problem in the database with the scheduler ID. Engineer removed the conflicting data and everything went back to normal.

Answers

• Hi @SHULTIS,

Great to hear that you are all set after taking help from our Support team. For any priority issues, please feel free to take help from our Support team as the same way you did in this case to avoid production issues.

We really appreciate your efforts on this and also for sharing the resolution here in SonicWall Community.

Have a better day!!!

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services