Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

VoIP over SonicWave SSLVPN

sumisitsumisit Newbie ✭

Hello everyone

I have set up an SSLVPN connection from the home office to the store via a SonicWave 432i, I can work with Citrix without any problems.

Now I want to integrate a Mitel Telefon VoIP over this SSLVPN tunnel. It also works.

Only when I call someone do I not understand the other party who understands me.

When I get a call, it works on both sides.

The calls are always routed via the communication server (indirect switching).

I think routing is missing, but where can I set it up?

On the SonicWall, I cannot choose SSLVPN as the destination under Routing.

Thank you for your help.

Roland

Category: SonicWave
Tagged:

Best Answers

• CORRECT ANSWER
    ThKThK Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@sumisit did you get an solution on this?

I have a couple of home office user with an SSLVPN connected to the SMA in the office.

VPN works fine. On the SW224w i use the PoE Port with an hardware desk telefone.

I´m able to call that extension in the homeoffice but can´t hear any voice from the caller. And he does not hear me too.

Also i can´t start a call from this Telefone to external or internal users. no voice.

Thought it could be a routing prob, but telefone finds the telefone-machine in the office and registered allright.

--Thomas

Answers

• sumisitsumisit Newbie ✭

@shiprasahu93

Thanks for the answer. I will also get a ticket.

Roli

• RedNetRedNet Enthusiast ✭✭
    edited July 2020

I havent used the sslvpn on the APs yet.

But I would assume your issue here is that the AP NAT's both devices behind the AP (laptop and phone) to the single sslvpn client IP of the AP and this is the source of your issue.

If you put a softphone on the laptop does it work ok? or this and using netextender on the laptop instead of the AP.

• sumisitsumisit Newbie ✭
    edited December 2020

@ThK

We have now connected our telephones to a TZ350 via cable. Because the phone cannot handle the SonicWave, as the SonicWave does NAT and the voice cannot find their way. The solution would be if the SonicWave had a DHCP server and didn't have to do NAT.

Roli