Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

TZ600 DHCP

Had what may be a bug in the latest firmware 6.5.4.6-79n with the DHCP.

I have a couple of LAN's set up on different ports X0 is the main LAN, but DHCP is provided by the DC, a secondary LAN on X2 which gets IPs from the SW DHCP, plus a VLAN on X4 for public wifi.

I had 3 DHCP setups in the portal, but the one for X0 was not enabled, however the machines on the X2 DHCP were getting the correct set of IP's, but the default gateway was from the X0 range.

Simple fix was to delete the non used DHCP range on X0, but may be something worth looking into.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answer

Answers

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @ANDYM,

Thank you for contacting SonicWall Community.

The issue symptom reported by you has to do something with IP helper on the firewall. Could you verify if there is any IP Helper policy configured in SonicWall appliance for DHCP protocol?

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• AndyMAndyM Newbie ✭

Hi

No the IP Helper is not enabled

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @ANDYM,

Thanks for your answer. Any settings import was done onto this box? Also, could you please check the firmware upgrade path to ensure no incorrect paths followed. You can refer section "Firmware History" in the TSR to check this.

If at all these steps didn't help, it looks to be like a cosmetic glitch where deleting and recreating helps. If there is a possibility please try to reproduce the issue and see if it happens again. You can report bug if needed, by contacting our Support team.

Let us know how it goes. Hope you have a good day!!!

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• AndyMAndyM Newbie ✭

No settings import was done that I know of. I think it is a glitch as I am getting other issues with the box, such as it keeps blocking SSL VPN clients from accessing server resources, you connect and can ping once and then you get timed out. I am going to restore to a previous backup with previous firmware before these issues started and go from there. Thanks