Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Feature Requests via the Community

prestonpreston Enthusiast ✭✭

Hi, I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but would it be possible to have a Feature Request section on the SonicWall Community, then features could be then summited for RFE Internally based on their merit, i.e. good needed features that add real value to the functionality of the appliances / software and not just gimmics?

Category: Water Cooler

Comments

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Hi @preston

back in the days I started this, but no progress.

Or something like UserVoice would be very handy.

--Michael@BWC

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @preston & @BWC,

The Community portal is still in the grooming phase. There are plans to incorporate different sections in Community portal that could be of more help to the participants. The RFE section is already in our bucket list. We'll discuss and see how faster we can bring out the sections live. We would definitely like to hear more feedback from the participants to shape the Community portal a better forum for SonicWall Products and SonicWall Patrons.

I'll be glad to provide updates here after consulting with our local resources. Please stay tuned.

Have a good one!!!

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @preston & @BWC,

I checked on this yesterday with the designated team. We already have this request in our To-Do List and the required work is in progress. We should see a sub community portal for the RFE section sooner in Community. Unfortunately, there is no ETA at this time that I could share. I will keep this post updated when I have a solid ETA.

Thank you for your patience. Hope this was helpful.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• Hi @preston and @BWC,

Great question! We have "ideation" on the road map. We know this will be a useful feature for folks to share their ideas and be inspired by reading other's posts. It's my hope that we will see all stages of a thought cycle, from innovation, to development, to actualization. I look forward to sharing more soon!

I'll also move this discussion to the "Water Cooler" so others can review the post without needing to click on "Firewalls".

@micah - SonicWall's Self-Service Sr. Manager

• prestonpreston Enthusiast ✭✭

Thanks Micah

• prestonpreston Enthusiast ✭✭
    edited December 2020

Hi @Micah @Saravanan any update on this yet?

surely there's been enough questions with RFE or R.F.E in the question header or mentioned in the posts and the beta posts to be added to its own category / section by now

• MicahMicah admin
    edited December 2020

Hi  @preston, sorry for the delay.

We want to get this right the first time and don't believe that having just a category will do your request justice. We're evaluating community features that will help with this process and bringing in the appropriate stakeholders for this process.

I want to be clear, although the community does not yet have an "RFE feature", the appropriate RFE process is to work with your sales rep to understand the request and submit it to our product management team.

Thank you for your patience as we work to make the community a better place for all of our partners and customers!

Kind Regards,

@micah - SonicWall's Self-Service Sr. Manager

• HaywoodspartanHaywoodspartan Newbie ✭
    edited April 2023

Would love if Sonicwall Hardware like NSA/Supermassive would support something like proper Virtual Routers like a Palo Alto does.

This is a very hard requirement for systems like OpenStack Cloud where WAN Floating IP's need to be exposed to a Internal VLAN for Customers but still require a Firewall for Packet Inspection and Filtering. Currently you cannot add Virtual Routers or more than 1 to a Sonicwall Firewall.