Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Cannot copy text (IP address) from Session log in Capture Security Center

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

I am in the Analytics module for client's TZ 600 in Capture Security Center.

The line item data shows that there was content blocked by Geo-IP.

I clicked to find the details - see below screenshot.

I would like to highlight the IP address either to right-click and perform Google search, or to copy it into another browser window to find the source.

The page prevents this action from taking place. I am using Firefox 78.0.1.

I would really appreciate it if someone could adjust the code to provide this basic capability...

Category: Capture Security Center

Comments

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @Larry,

Hope you are safe and doing good.

Thanks for bring this to our attention. I totally agree that this is a basic capability and users should be able to copy certain details that are very basic required. I indeed confirmed that the copy doesnt work on my CSC Analytics too.

I'll check on this locally and find a way to pass on this feedback to the concerned team. Let me also check if users can directly report this from their MySonicWall account as a feedback and will let you know.

In the interim, for copying crucial information from session logs you can use the Export option present adjacent to the Refresh icon in the same page.

Please stay tuned. Will be back shortly with the information requested.

Have a better day!!!

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @Larry,

Hope you are doing good.

I could verify this internally and got to know that the CSC Analytics doesn't allow the session log details to be copied. Indeed this is by design and we can file a RFE (Request Feature Enhancement) to address it in upcoming releases.

You may contact our SonicWall Sales team and get the RFE filing done.

For time being, to copy crucial information from session logs you can use the Export option present adjacent to the Refresh icon in the same page.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

I was informed that if you click on the squiggle all the way on the right of the item under the Controls heading (the tool-tip reads, "Click to take action on <signature>," a new window opens up with the IP addresses. All of the data is available for selection. You just have to click Cancel at the bottom of the window after you've copied (or searched for) the IP information.

Several extra clicks, but a valid bypass until this problem is solved by a re-coding effort.