Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Facing issue while adding address object

Hi Team,

I am facing issue while adding address object in sonicwall firewall. We are currently using TZ 300 firewall at our all location and we are getting "too many network object" error while adding address object.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• shiprasahu93shiprasahu93 Moderator
    edited June 2020

Hello @Darshil,

Every firewall model has a maximum number of address objects that it supports. How many objects are already added to the firewall? It is possible that the limit has been exceeded resulting in that error.

Moving this to 'Entry level firewalls' category for better results as this is regarding a TZ 300.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• NevyadithaNevyaditha Moderator

Hi @Darshil ,

You can find out the maximum number of address objects/groups supported in the TSR .

In the TSR, please look for and find "#Network : Address Objects_START" and it will show the maximum number of address objects and address groups supported.

Thanks!!

Nevyaditha P

• DarshilDarshil Newbie ✭
    edited June 2020

@shiprasahu93 @Nevyaditha Right now 1.67 k has been added into the firewall. Is there any workaround is there we can increase this limit by adding cem value,,??

• @Darshil,

Honestly, these values are pre-determined as per the model. 1.67k itself is a huge number for a TZ 300. Unfortunately, there is no way around that.

I would suggest cleaning up the address objects table. I have noticed that we add objects and tend to forget about it although it is no longer in use.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu