Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Data from Analyzer to Analytics

Hello,

I have a customer who wants to migrate from Analyzer to Analytics but wants to know if it is possible to import data from Analyzer to Analytics to be processed. Does anybody know if this is possible?

Category: Firewall Management and Analytics

Best Answers

• CORRECT ANSWER
    SaravananSaravanan Moderator
    edited June 2020 Answer ✓

Hi @YUBER_SIERRA,

I could verify the information for you.

Unfortunately, the syslogs from existing Analyzer cannot be copied or migrated to the latest Analytics. The primary reason is, the OS used by Analyzer and Analytics differ. We also have no access to the file system in Analytics.

So, the best possible way for you to keep track of data in Analyzer is to keep the Analyzer UP until the data is obsolete, if needed. This will be the easiest one.

Hope this helps.

Note: I have changed the post type from Discussion to Question since yours is more of a question rather a discussion.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

Answers

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @YUBER_SIERRA,

That was a great question. I'm into it. I'll get back to you once I get more details on it.

Thanks for waiting.

In the mean-time, this question will be moved to category "Firewall Management and Analytics" to be appropriate.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• NevyadithaNevyaditha Moderator
    edited June 2020

Hi @Yuber_Sierra ,

Regarding the data migration, let me check on our and update the thread.

But I did find that there is no migration path from existing Analyzer to SonicWall Analytics as it’s a completely new product. Also, there is no direct upgrade path from Analyzer to Analytics.

Thanks

Nevyaditha P

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• Thank you very much for your help.