Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Phishing/SPAM Submission - the right way

BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in Email Security Software

Hi,

I was wondering what is the best (official) way to submit missed SPAM or Phishing attempts. I'am having a SPAM submission address for years and forwarded plenty of mails, but don't have the feeling that the system is getting smarter over time.

In my case running macOS using Apple Mail,I forward missed SPAM as attachments to my submission address, which results in a mail with the missed SPAM as .eml attachment. Because this is the only way to preserve all headers etc.

Is this the right way to do? What is the general experience with SPAM submission? Does it help for missed Phishing attempts as well?

--Michael@BWC

Category: Email Security Software

Comments

• Hello Michael@BWC,

You are absolutely right. The .eml attachment is the best way to get the data to us preserving all headers which in turn does to our Spam review team. I am not sure if there is a separate procedure for Phishing attempts but I can find that out for you.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• Hello Michael@BWC ,

The phishing attempts should also be submitted as false negatives in the same manner.

With regards to settings, we need to make sure that LDAP is integrated and DHA is set to Reject invalid addresses. If LDAP is not integrated then users can be manually imported and DHA can be enabled.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi,

does each false-positive has to sent separately or is it ok to send multiple .eml attachments to the submission address?

--Michael@BWC

• Multiple .eml attachments should be okay.

Shipra Sahu