Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

DMZ setup

Hi all,

I have attached my SonicWALL firewall to my Draytek router I have setup my DMZ zone on interface x3 with a static Ip address and connected my webserver I am able to ping my servers on my local LAN but I am unable to ping the web server located in the DMZ zone from my local LAN.

I am very new to this so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

We are trying to setup a server in a DMZ zone that will host a webapp

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@craft99

in default policy, DMZ --> LAN ACL is Deny so better to create a new policy for the PING Service (DMZ to LAN) and give high priority than the Deny policy.

Answers

• MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee

Make sure you have the Allow Access Rule from LAN to the DMZ zone. You can use the Packet Monitor tool to trace the packet flow from your source to the destination which should give you insight about what's happening to your packets.

• craft99craft99 Newbie ✭

That's brilliant I am now able to ping my server in the DMZ zone and my SQL server on my local LAN which is connected to a switch connected to my Draytek vigor router from a computer on the 192.168.168.168 range. the only other issue I'm having is I am unable to ping the server on the DMZ directly form the SQL server connected to the LAN on the Draytek router.

When I use ping from the SQL server I get request timed out

When I use tracert it get to the 11 hop then gets request timed out

Hopefully this makes sense thank you in advance