Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

TZ300 W - Wireless Controller is down

I have a TZ300W and it appears the wireless controller is not working. There is no longer a signal in the area, nor right next to the unit. I have toggled the wireless off/on in the admin console, updated firmware and rebooted a couple times. Nothing is working. I think it may be a hardware issue. The WLAN on/act light is amber,

I am open to any suggested.

Category: Firewall Management and Analytics

Answers

• MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee

@TCooper , please factory default the unit and enable the build-in wireless to check if SSID is broadcasted. You can use inSSIDer application (or any other useful tool) to see the wireless spectrum of transmissions. Otherwise, you can contact SonicWall Technical Support.

• TCooperTCooper Newbie ✭

factory reset a router/security appliance is a terrible troubleshooting step.

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

It's the canned response of Sonicwall support. Even if you open a ticket they will ask you to factory default the unit.

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@TCooper - you do realize that even by asking you to factory reset the device, the expectation is that you have a solid backup of the configuration before you do that. You know, so can restore the device after the troubleshooting steps have been taken.

Of course, if your "W" is truly broken, and you need a new appliance, what would you need to get started with a new device? Oh yeah, that backup of the configuration.

It's not as "terrible" as you make it sound.