Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Random ICMP Issue over Tunnel VPN

I have random issue that I can't work out, I have two TZ270w's I have setup Tunnel VPN's on both devices.

Traffic is working between them and via the subnets presented and the Zones I have Created, I have the WAN zone and a created Office Zone, I have two Vlans on each side. VLAN 10 and 400 both are different Subnets Site 1 10.50.10.x and 10.50.40.x /24 ranges, and Site 2 10.51.10.x and 10.51.40.x /24. I can Ping from each site locally the GW IP of each from each subnet, I can also Ping Hosts connected to the networks on the oppersite subnets. But when I try pinging the GW of the oppersite Site Vlans. Now I have run Packet captures and can see the dropped packets.

Now when I ping an IP on that Network

For some reason the ICMP Packet is coming from the WAN Gateway MAC when I ping from Host to remote Gateway but from Host to Remote host it's uning the correct details.

Has anyone got any clue as to why because I can't seem to allow this traffic.

Thanks

Category: Entry Level Firewalls
Tagged:

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

@Andy_357 , I am glad it is resolved now, happy to help you 👍️. Please highlight as "Correct Answer" so that others with similar issue can benefit from this.

Answers

• MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee

Policy Drop indicates that the issue is related to the Access Rule. Have you enabled "Allow Management Traffic" on the respective VPN Access Rule?

• Andy_357Andy_357 Newbie ✭

I have looked at the rules, and it didn't however I did update the Rule to include but still no ping and same dropped packets

• Andy_357Andy_357 Newbie ✭

Ok Scratch that, It was that after looking torough the policys again, I found the VPN Zone to Office Zone with the specific subnets listed didn't have that Allow Managment Traffic.

Once ticked all worked as expected.

Thanks Mustafaa for the advice!