Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Site-to-site VPN preventing traffic from going through

Sam168Sam168 Newbie ✭

Hi Everyone,

Some traffic is not moving smoothly via our site-to-site VPN. What can we do to reduce the disruption and allow traffic to move smoothly with no issues?

Thanks

Category: VPN Client

Answers

• MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee

@Sam168 , can you please share more details? What is meant with "smoothly"?

• Sam168Sam168 Newbie ✭

@MustafaA I meant that the MS teams call starts but with no voice or picture, for example, and the website works and stops randomly; thus, I would like to know if there is a way to make the traffic pass by with no barriers whatsoever.

• ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Are you really routing Teams traffic across your site-site VPN? Randomly working-and-not-working isn't usually a sign of a misconfiguration.

• Sam168Sam168 Newbie ✭

@ARKWRIGHT Thanks for your response. We didn't create any rules to route the traffic through the VPN. Is there a chance that it goes through it even though we don't have a hybrid environment when it comes to Teams?

• ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

If you haven't done anything specific to route Teams traffic across the VPN then either:

a) Teams traffic is not traversing the VPN and your issue with Teams is unrelated to the VPN

b) You've created a VPN tunnel with a destination of Any, and all internet traffic traverses the VPN tunnel and goes out to the internet at the other end. I am pretty sure you haven't done this without knowing it, because there are a few steps required at each end.

I'm not an expert on Teams but another possibility is that Teams media goes peer-peer if it can? Hopefully someone can confirm/deny.