Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

used sonicwall devices

Hi all,

I am new to sonicwall devices, I have Purchsed one Tz600 for my testing purpose at home from one seller who use to sell Online Now I asked Sonicwall to transfer it to my account, My question is,

1. If the original owner never response transfer email what happen then? Its become just rouer box? Or any other way possible to make it work like download firmware etc etc
  2. how long It will take to transfer?
Category: MySonicWall

Answers

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@partha06 this topic is discussed a few times here, a simple search resulted in this:

If the device got decomissioned because of a Secure Upgrade I doubt that Customer Support will transfer it into your account.

--Michael@BWC

• jp3jp3 Newbie ✭

Here's a better link to reference in the event that the previous owner is unknown:

https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/registration-transfer-owner-unknown/221024114351353/

I'm in the same boat. I've purchased a few cheap second-hand Sonicwall devices in the past directly from the previous owner, and was always able to transfer ownership over to myself.

I recently got a SMA device as part of a bulk lot purchase of UPS units and servers. It's the nicest Sonicwall I've ever had, but I didn't purchase this directly from the previous owner. I've initiated the ownership transfer request process, but I suspect this equipment will end up being a paper weight or door stop. It came from a business that is now defunct, and there's no one on the other end to approve the transfer process, so it looks like I'm probably going to mutilate perfectly usable hardware to sell off any parts of value. The transfer process is very lacking for situations like mine where there is no one to approve/deny the transfer request in the first place. It's horrible that there is no way of disputing/escalating a transfer request in the event that the previous owner no longer exists.

Just wanted to complain publicly about this process. I can't be the only one to ever experience this.

Word of warning about Dell SonicWall devices - IF YOU DO NOT GET THE DEVICE OWNERSHIP TRANSFERRED TO YOU IMMEDIATELY AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE OR VERIFY THAT THE PREVIOUS OWNER HAS RELINQUISHED OWNERSHIP, THE DEVICE WILL NOT BE OF ANY REAL VALUE/USE.

• ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Yep, we know this, but unfortunately if you're not familiar with how Sonicwall works then it won't be obvious when you're hitting "Buy It Now" on eBay.