Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Hi Folks I rules and NAT for 2 ports one works perfect and syn and syn ack received and sent

Both service objects are set up the same as is NAT and access rules but no matter what I do port 38880 will not send syn ack , greatly appreciate any advice

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Raffepat if the RST is generated by your CCTV server and not by the Firewall it might be caused by an ACL on the Server which prohibits remote network access or plainly it's not listening on 38880. Are you able to access the Server on 38880 locally to rule that out?

--Michael@BWC

Answers

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@Raffepat I'am sorry but your post lacks so much information so I can only assume you're trying a Destination NAT from WAN to LAN/DMZ accessing Port 38880 from the outside? You already checked NAT and Access Rules, probably double checked with a Packet-Monitor as well?

If everything is fine on the Firewall, it's a rule of thumb that your Endpoint isn't accepting your request, this can be caused by local (windows) firewall or wrong routing.

--Michael@BWC

• RaffepatRaffepat Newbie ✭

Hi Michael sorry for lack of info, yes you are correct I am trying to allow access to a CCTV server on our LAN from WAN, I have now got the CCTV guys to open up port 38880 on server and this has resulted in SYN ACK but with a RST flag and Port is still showing as closed on port checker I have port 8555 in same rules and also on NAT and this is working fine. Any suggestions on getting this server to listen on 38880 . many thanks in advance

• RaffepatRaffepat Newbie ✭

Hi Michael when I Telnet on LAN I get connected on 8555 but no connection on 38880 , problem seems to be on server side