Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Configuration on TZ670.

Hi community. Actualy i have working and configured whitout problems a Sonicwall firewall model TZ 670. We recently acquired other two TZ 670 model sonicwalls and they were purchased with HA licenses to work with high availability. We have in mind to do the following to configure the two new TZ 670 to save configuration time:

1- Make a backup and export the configuration file of the tz670 firewall that we currently have working ok.

2- Import this configuration file to one of the new tz670 sonicwall which will have the primary role in the HA configuration.

3- Subsequently, apply the HA licenses to the two new tz670 and do the entire HA configuration procedure as the last step.

Could you give me your comments and recommendations if it is possible to do these activities to configure the new tz 670?

Regards and takns in advance.

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Best Answers

• CORRECT ANSWER
    MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee
    Answer ✓

@FranciscoGarcia , you can certainly follow the steps you described. It is perfectly fine to do so.

• CORRECT ANSWER
    FranciscoGarciaFranciscoGarcia Newbie ✭
    Answer ✓

MUSTAFAA. Thank you very much for your comments.

Only a more questión.

When create and export a configuration file from switch TZ670 that is working fine, the licences also are exported?

Regards and tanks in advance.

• CORRECT ANSWER
    ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

No, licenses are not exported with the configuration.

Answers

• ARKWRIGHT. Thank you very much for your comments.

The next week i will working whit the news TZ670, i hope not have problems whit my plan.

Thanks fr your help. Regards!!