Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

SonicOS API error on Content Filter URI update

Hi,

I'm using the SonicOS API with NodeJs.

I can request GET withou problem. However, the POST/PUT/PATCH methods seems broken.

I'm trying to make a PUT request at 'https://{URL}/api/sonicos/content-filter/uri-list-groups/uuid/{UUID}' acording the API docs and the return is always the same:

"level": "error",

"code": "E_NO_MATCH",

"message": "Command 'object Object]' does not match"

The request body (In PUT or PATCH) is:

{

"content_filter": {

"uri_list_group": [

{

"name": "string",

"uri_list_object": [

{

"name": "string"

}

],

"uri_list_group": [

{

"name": "string"

}

]

}

]

}

}

What am I doing wrong?

Tks!

Category: Mid Range Firewalls
Tagged:

Best Answers

• CORRECT ANSWER
    PochoPocho Newbie ✭
    Answer ✓

@rerisson_fumes what is it that you are trying to do? I just tested it really quick with postman and the path seems correct and works correctly. The error you are showing makes it sound like the UUID you used on the URI was not found or not the correct one, it really shouldn't make a difference if you do it on nodejs or anywhere else, I would say print the full URI as it is send to the unit from nodejs and make sure everything looks correct on the uuid part

• CORRECT ANSWER
    MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Hey @rerisson_fumes , probably you are getting this error because your "Content-Type" in the "Headers" is not set to "application/json". That's what I can see from my end when I do the the tests with "text/plain" and "application/json" using the same end point and same JSON content (per spec/model). Here are my screen captures, and hoping it will give you some inspiration.

Content-Type: text/plain

Content-Type: application/json

Answers

• Hi @Pocho and @MustafaA

Really, I wasn't setting "Content-Type" in the "Headers" to "application/json".

Also, I was not converting payload value with "JSON.stringify".

After correcting these points my application worked as expected.

Thanks!