Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

NSA WANGroupVPN access to LAN

Hi Everyone,

I have set up my WANGroupVPN  to obtain IP from a DHCP scope on the SonicWall itself as users are authenticated via my AD. However, the VPN is working fine with a connected status on the Sonicwall Global VPN client, but no users are able to access any servers on my LAN. Is there a specific route that should be created, knowing that I already made one but it didn't help solve the issue?

Thanks

Category: Firewall Security Services
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee

@Sam168 , ensure that the user or the group has the IP address or Subnet in the VPN Access tab. These entries will create the client routes on the remote users' computers, during the connection phase.

• Options
    Sam168Sam168 Newbie ✭
    edited March 2023

@MUSTAFAA Thanks.

How can I do that on  SonicOS 6.5?

• Options
    MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee

The following KB article has the explanation and screen captures for both SonicOS 7.x and SonicOS 6.5.x.

• Options
    AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sam168

Follow the below step;

First you would have to select the GVC user and add the resourceto the Access List which they want to access through the VPN client as same as below scn shot.

• Options
    Sam168Sam168 Newbie ✭

Thanks.

Unfortunately, that didn't help solve the issue, as the DHCP scope on SonicWall has a default gateway of .1 and can't reach that IP address on the core switch, and the route can't help this issue. How can I let the devices which is getting an IP from SonicWall access my LAN?