Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

TZ270 - WAN FailOver Probing Failed to go back.

Hi Guys,

I have a question conserning a TZ270 firewall (probably also with higher versions) and thats the WAN fall-over not going back.

I have the SonicWall connected to 2 internet connections (both are behind a other router).

When I configure the WAN fall-over and there is something wrong with Internet 1, all the internet trafic goes to Internet 2, which is great. But when the Internet connection 1 is back, something strange is happening to the probing functions.

The probing is configured to use simple PING probe to the two most used servers: 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1.

The LB group shows that the main target, and second target are both Unavaiable. But the targets ARE responding to PING from another computer between the SonicWall and de Router on X1.

So the next step is to let SonicWall Diagnostics to check for a PING respond, and than i get a strange result:

The result of this PING is than (sorry, not included in the image)

"8.8.8.8 [0.0.0.1] is not responding"

This is unexpected. I would expent "8.8.8.8 [8.8.8.8] is alive". I might think the SonicWall is trying to resolve a DNS name 8.8.8.8 and comes back with 0.0.0.1 as a result???

Can anyone explain this?

Patrick.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Comments

• MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee

@XCS , I would suggest to analyze the flow by capturing the ICMP packets with the Packet Monitor. It is strange to see "8.8.8.8 [0.0.0.1] is not responding".