Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Unable to receive log files on NSA220 after upgrading firmware

I recently upgraded the firmware on my NSA220 to version SonicOS Enhanced 5.9.2.13-7o. Since doing so, the alerts and log files will not send on the NSA220. Nothing has changed on my email account config but when I try to manually send a log file, an error is recorded stating 'SMTP authentication problem:Username and password don't match.'

I have tried using 2 other different email accounts on different domains and triple checked the configuration settings but keep getting this message regardless. Is there a known issue or workaround for this?

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Answers

• Hello @AronS,

Welcome to the SonicWall community.

I could not find any reported issues specific to this for Gen 5 devices. I would suggest reaching out to our Support team so that we can perform some packet captures and find out the root cause of this problem.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• I know this is a year old but having the same problem on NSA 240, NSA 250m, NSA 2400 which were working until the 5.9.2.13-7o upgrade. These firewalls will be decommissioned but in the meantime the Email alerts are important.

• Were you @AronS , @joshuamarius able to resolve this issue?

This is a firmware problem. @shiprasahu93 , Is there a place were you can report to sonicwall about bugs in their firmware?

• No. I have tried every combination possible, including app passwords in Gmail, trying other email providers, SSL, TLS, different ports and nothing works. I still get the same error message.