Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Enabling SNMP

We have 5 access points and 5 firewalls. First timer, so excuse my terminology. I need to find out if SNMP is enabled by default, if not, what are the steps to enable it on all of them?

Any help will be appreciated.

Below are the different Access points and Firewalls.

Spare SonicWall PRO 3060 x2

(Colo)SonicWALL PRO 3060 x2

SonicPoint-N Dual Band x3

SonicWall NSA 3600 North America

SonicWall NSA 3500

SONICPOINT N x2

SonicWall NSA 220W

Category: MySonicWall

Answers

• MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee
    edited February 2023

Hey @muola

Excluding your NSA 3600 firewall all the rest of the appliances are end of life.

SonicWall PRO 3060: Release date is 2001 running SonicOS 2.0. Amazing to read that the hardware is still working :) but certainly this is end of life long time ago.

SonicPoint-N Dual Band: End of life as of 2013

SonicPoint-N: End of life as of 2020

NSA 3500: End of life as of 2018

NSA 220W: End of life as of 2020

Product Life Cycle Tables

You can review the following KB article for configuring SNMP on a Gen6 and Gen7 firewall

Configuring SNMP in SonicOS

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Commentary

I am shocked at the number of obsolete SonicWall devices that are still actively deployed.

I know that several years ago - pre-pandemic - there was a concerted effort to contact owners.

@MustafaA @TonyA what is being done now to reach out and get the owners of obsolete hardware to upgrade?

• muolamuola Newbie ✭

Thanks for the info.

I did go through almost everything on the link you sent prior to posting but nothing the matched what I see on our dashboard.

I appreciate your help.

• MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee

@Larry , to upgrade obsolete hardware, I think the best path is to contact our Sales Team. They can walk through the options which are in the best interest of the customer.

@muola , I am not sure if you want to pursue that direction but your devices are obsolete. Also, without the security services and up-to-date firmware, those are no longer a security device, rather a basic router.