Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Primary firewall lost connectivity

Hey guys,

I have multiple sites with TZ370's which are all running in HA. A few weeks ago I had 1 primary firewall become unresponsive and I couldn't ping it's management IP. I had to physically power cycle the unit in order for it to come back online. Today, I just had the exact same thing happen at another location. Power cycling brought it back up. These units have been running for a while, only started seeing this happen the last couple of weeks. Any idea why this would happen?

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Answers

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@sdeyoung - what firmware are you running on these?

• sdeyoungsdeyoung Newbie ✭

Sorry should of included that in the original post. One is running SonicOS 7.0.1-5065-R2799 the other is SonicOS 7.0.1-5030-R2007

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Suggest you get up to the current firmware release, SonicOS 7.0.1-5095-R3599, and see if issues remain.

There are some very strange instances of this kind of thing going on. I'm told they should be resolved by the next 7.0.x release. I'll believe that when it happens.

• sdeyoungsdeyoung Newbie ✭
    Very odd that it just started happening though. Been running a couple of these sites for over a year. I’ll try the update to see if it helps.