Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

auto configure ssl vpn client profile with script or gpo

ErnestRErnestR Newbie ✭

Looking to automate the installation of the netextender ssl vpn client profile. It doesn't look like too much trouble to install the client with a gpo, but having it populate the profile too is what I'm hoping someone has figured out. We do some scripting in connectwise automate if that is a tool you've used for this.

Category: SSL VPN

Answers

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

@ErnestR I'am not familiar of any out of the box solution, but it might be scripted with NECLI, please check here for details:

You might query the profiles first and if there is no fitting profile present you could create it. Or maybe the MSI Installer options are a way to go.

Also worth looking into:

It's meant for SMA, but is valid for Firewalls as well.

--Michael@BWC

• ErnestRErnestR Newbie ✭

cd 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SonicWall\SSL-VPN\NetExtender'

.\NECLI.exe connect -s vpn.myvpn.xxx:433 -u %username -d domain.local

Where the vpn IP and domain information would be specific to your environment.

Save this as a powershell script gpo in the computer settings - windows settings - security - start up scripts

Link the gpo to desired OU

• erick_pachecoerick_pacheco Newbie ✭

This worked for me but I am using it in an automation script. How do I get it to automatically confirm "Y" after the connection is established? I don't know how to provide this value to the window opened by NECLI.exe. It is the window that asks to accept that we trust the security stuff.

My code:

$netextender_path = "C:\Program Files (x86)\SonicWall\SSL-VPN\NetExtender\NECLI.exe"

$connection_process = Start-Process -FilePath $netextender_path -ArgumentList "connect", "-s", $server, "-d", $domain, "-u", $username, "-p", $password -PassThru

The code above is what launches the window in the screenshot below. I want to be able to automatically provide the value of "Y" to the window and then once the process has returned an exit code - "0" zero for success, I want to run other commands - like joining the an AD domain or installing software. Make sense?

I'd really appreciate the help. Thank you!

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@erick_pacheco is something like echo "Y" | necli <connection parameters working?

The easiest way woul be probably to use a valid certificate which does not cause a certificate error.

—Michael@BWC