Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Login with NetExtender before Windows login to gain user AD settings on new laptop

Hi, to deliver new laptops to our staff (at home) we would like to start the NetExtender (pre-installed with correct settings like server, domain) before the windows login. This would allow a new user to login to the AD domain and get all the user settings imported from the domain to the laptop.

The NetExtender does have a config where you can start the client before login, however, you have to fill in the user/password before. That's something we can't do - or allow.

The best would be, if the NetExtende screen appeared so the user can fill in the userid/password, start the VPN connection, and then login to the Windows domain.

Category: VPN Client

Answers

• TonyATonyA SonicWall Employee
    edited February 2023

Hey @Netw0rk_Deltares

Please check out the following KB article (It mentions SMA - but it is relating to Net extender itself:

SMA100: Windows Network Logon using NetExtender | SonicWall

Let me know if this helps.

• Vijay Kumar KV

Enterprise Tech Support Consultant | SME

• Hello, thanks for your replies! I got this reply from Support as well... funny the option is back.

But, we're not ready yet. The answer depends on the .MSI installation - which we don't want. The reason?

If you install with .MSI the auto update will not work - and that's something we won't let go, an upgrade in firmware on the SMA always means a new version of the NetExtender. We know asking all our users to perform the upgrade manually is a no-go, letting SCCM solve this won't work when they're not in the office...

So if anyone knows if the .exe installation has some clever options to perform a silent install (with Support Network Logon), we would be very happy...

with kind regards, the networkteam Deltares

• thiago_lunathiago_luna Newbie ✭

Hi mate,

Have you get any information about the MSI installer from support?

I need this to set up installation of Netextender with NETLOGON/PRELOGON via intune.