Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

WNM was updated over the weekend - where are the new Release Notes?

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

WNM was updated to 4.0.23 on May 29, 2022.

Release Notes do not appear in the Technical Documentation.

Does anyone know why the two aspects of product update are not coordinated?

And can someone please let a product manager know about that lapse?

Category: Wireless Network Manager

Best Answer

Answers

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

@Larry

Same thought. All units are in production environment at least they should give us a notification/alert for the WNM update. If somthing went wrong who can do the roll-back?

• prestonpreston Enthusiast ✭✭
    edited June 2022

Here you go, they have forgot to change the Month on the first page though it should say June 2022 not January 2022

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Still not listed on the Technical Documentation site, which is pretty much what I was trying to point out to the SW folks who might (at times) peak at these items...

As an aside, the document contains the following statement:

SonicWave 621 - Allows Wireless Network Manager to manage the new SonicWave 621 access point

My CAM sent me an extract of a "pre-release" price list last week and this model was not included. The outrage I felt when I saw the 641 was priced 225% more than the 231 might be assuaged if the June price list (when issued) contains this model.

Sadly, even the July 2022 price list doesn't include the SonicWave 621...

For me, it is time to move on to another vendor for Access Points. I'm tired of this $#!%.

Another set of reasons for significant disappointment with this offering.

Today, October 31, 2022, I received an email from SonicWall indicating that WNM 4.1.7 Maintenance Release was available.

I logged into my WNM portal and it displays the following information:

So the email notice is two months late.

However, going to https://www.sonicwall.com/support/technical-documentation and looking for the Release Notes, I see that they have not been updated and still show 4.0.25 from June 2022.

Sad doesn't begin to describe this...

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

@Larry

I am also looking the same but i couldn't find the release note. really disappointed with this kind of the service.

The problem with WNM and timely Release Notes documentation persists.

WNM was updated to 4.2.0-8 on December 14, 2022.

I received an email with the subject, "SonicWall -- New Firmware and Software Release" today, January 16, 2023.

The documentation on the website has not been updated since November 2022, which added the September information for 4.1.

Wondering why there is still - after pointing this problem out several times - such a time lag in providing partners and clients with up-to-date information.

I guess that I groused too soon. The updated WNM Release Notes documentation has been uploaded to the site.

And a sudden update : Version 4.2.0-9 released in February 2023

Reason: WSC-4348Unable to add device even with a valid license.

Sheesh!