Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

I give up - Associating TZ670 HA unit (website instructions wrong)

There's a lovely little, outdated, wrong, over two year old Sonicwall article entitled "Associating a New Unit to a Pre-Registered Appliance on MySonicWall for High Availability"

https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/associating-a-new-unit-to-a-pre-registered-appliance-on-mysonicwall-for-high-availability/170503833923312/

Step #4 cannot be performed because what it references no longer appears anywhere on MySonicwall. How the heck do I associate a 2nd unit (HA version) with the existing registered & licenses primary?

(Purchased a TZ670 Secure Upgrade Plus Advanced + stateful HA upgrade, and a TZ670 HA unit on the same invoice. Primary unit registered just fine, NSM/Zero touch enabled; HA unit registered to same tenant but not set to NSM or zero touch - I guess that can't be done as a standalone, temporary measure while trying to get these associated. Firmware on both updated to latest and identical)

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Comments

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@KellyB I checked on a NSa 4700 HA bundle in MSW for you. If I remember correctly, first register both units in MSW, add the Stateful HA license to the primary unit. On the Details page of the primary unit at the bottom you can see the associated products, click on HA Secondary and select the HA unit you wanna attach with.

If this is not possible in your account, you should get in touch with Customer Service. by clicking the Phone symbol on top of the MSW screen.

--Michael@BWC

• EnaEna SonicWall Employee

Hi @KellyB,

Thanks for reaching out to the SonicWall Community.

I flagged your post with our knowledge base management team, and they have updated items 4 and 5 in the article based on your feedback.

Let me know if that helps.