Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Block Access from specific Public IP

Hello

How can I block access from specific public IPs, without getting the "From Zone: Rule blocks management rule(s)" error ?

I want to limit the FW login to just certain Public IPs.

Thank you

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Change the default HTTPS Management rule from allowing Source 'Any' to the IP address you want to allow.

• Hi TKWITS

Thanks for your answer.

Is there any way to do the same in the opposite way ? allowing all and denying specific IPs?

The final goal is set the allowed address from an address group configured with FQDN instead IPs

Thanks

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure NMS will allow you to do that, but you can try being as specific as possible in the your rule creation. From your screenshot you are not being very specific.

The problem here is that management rules can only be manipulated so much. Either they are enabled on the interface page or not, and from there you can only change certain parameters on the actual access rule. You can't disable it on the interface and create a manual access rule to 'access' it, it doesn't work that way.