Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Users unable to RDP into Desktop from home

This is a bit complicated so if I do not post enough details please ask me.

I set up a network segmentation for users based on department. A specific department we'll call FSD, they have laptops at home that they use to remote into desktops sitting on the network. The laptops at home use a VPN tunnel back to our network. Since I segmented the network and put their desktops on their own subnet, these users can only RDP into their desktops if their desktops are connected via Wi-Fi. If the desktops are hardwired in then they are unable to RDP into their machines.

I am thinking these users may need their own VPN tunnel to their desktop. Or maybe a rule that routes traffice from their subnet to the LAN.

Any advice or support is appreciated.

Category: Firewall Management and Analytics
Tagged:

Answers

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

@nicolepabon

For above mentioned scenario you can do with IP based access not user based, First you would have to assign static IP from wifi segment for the desktops. Then add those desktop IP's into the corresponding VPN user access role for accessing the RDP from outside the office.

Either from GVC / SSL VPN you can apply the same steps as I mentioned above.