Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Grrr, another Gen 7 annoyance - just a little sloppiness to make my day - lack of proper sorting!

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2023 in Entry Level Firewalls

Configuring countries in the Security Services - Geo-IP Blocking module.

Matching existing client settings to newly configured ones.

Not sure why the list of blocked countries is not sorted properly (i.e., alphabetically):

And sad that I had to email my CAM to create an RFE for this...

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Comments

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

And it continues with Address Objects and Address Groups:

It is such a small thing to have a default "sortby" on a column when retrieving data from a table.

Why isn't it there?

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@Larry is there a possibility the Countries are sorted by ISO Country Code instead of Country Name? I experienced this in the past, it might the case here too, it somewhat looks like.

--Michael@BWC

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

That was my thought when I first was playing with Gen7 GEOIP, was that it was sorting the list by ISO Country Code.

Guys, if that's the case (and I don't doubt it), then there should be a setting to allow me to say, "Hey, I'm a friggin' idjit and want simple alphabetization" or - more politely - "Retain Gen 6.x alphabetization sort."

No?

Instead, I have to open a Support Case and provide that number to my CAM.

Like I said, grrrr....

• ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Users list suffers from a sorting issue too. You can sort alphabetically all you like, but if you haven't scrollscrollscrollscrolled to the bottom of the list before you sort, then you won't get what you're expecting.

• Hello Larry!

SonicWall interface is presented in English. I believe this is due to translation issues.

For example, in spanish "Spain" is written "España". "Croatia" is written "Kroatia".

I agree that this is annoying.

Best regards!

There is - as of March 12 - a hotfix for Gen 7 at firmware 5111 that sorts the resulting selected country list properly.