Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Switch stuck on 'Authorizing'

I've taken over managing an office network and the previous owner had it partially set up. Previously they had both switches connected to different ports in the firewall but only one of the switches was showing up in the Sonicwall UI. So I disconnected the switch I wasn't seeing in the UI and added it to the other switch's port. That worked and it shows up in the UI now, I authorized it and it prompted the firmware, since it has never been updated I updated it.

The switch updated fine, I then selected 'Authorize' on it and it's been stuck on 'Authorizing' now for hours. Even though that switch is 'Authorizing', the ports on it are active and connected to the network. So the only issue is that it's stuck on 'Authorizing'.

How do I get this updated so it's not stuck in this status? It doesn't seem to be a problem with functionality other than I can't manage it in the UI.

Category: Switches
Tagged:

Answers

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally I wouldn't bother, managing the Sonicwall switches through the firewall UI is limited.

But, what firewall firmware are running? Have you tried factory defaulting the problem switch and starting over?

• NMCADMINNMCADMIN Newbie ✭

Im having the same issue. moved all cables to a working switch and reset this one to factory and still no change. Been on hold waiting for sonicwall team to answer for almost 45 minutes but no one answers. I have emailed with them but they only provide links to pages that are of no help. ready to tare out all sonicwall products from my network and go to Cisco. I just paid $2800 for two sonicpoints also.

• Sanjay_PradhanSanjay_Pradhan SonicWall Employee

@NMCADMIN 

Sorry for the inconvenience. The answer and tshooting steps will be different case by case. I can help fix the issue please provide me your case details and I will call you.