Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Gen7 - Authentication Partitioning

BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
edited January 2023 in Mid Range Firewalls

Hi,

is anyone using successfully Authentication Partitioning on Gen7 (7.0.1-5095)?

I'am trying to assign the first SSO Agent (Directory Connector 4.1.19) to a partition but it does not come up and according to Packet Monitor the packets get dropped. Funny thing, the Service Group SonicWALL SSO Agents is empty, it gets usually populated when SSO Agents are created.

Manually creating the Service and a Access Rule does not do the trick.

When Partitioning is disabled, the exact same SSO Agent is working fine, so it has to be Partitioning related.

The UI is pretty messed up, disabling Partitioning causing some weird issues, logging off and logging back in seems to resolve them.

@Ena @Micah @Michael_Bischof anyone likes to chime in? I doubt this would be a pleasant case to open with Support.

--Michael@BWC

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Best Answer

• Options
    CORRECT ANSWER
    Answer ✓

Update: After removing the Partitions (except Default), disabling Partitioning, Configure single SSO and enabling Partitioning again it seems to work, it might be UI related all along. It's configured exactly as it was before.

Service Objects and Access Rules all created as expected.

I leave it to that, probably just a glitch.

--Michael@BWC

Answers

• Options
    edited January 2023

Does anybody knows why the Parition Policies are only available for ANY, LAN and DMZ zone but no other custom zone? For now I leave the zone to ANY and select the appropriate network, but Gen6 offers custom zones.

The more I try, the more it looks all half-baked to me.

--Michael@BWC