Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

SonicWall VPN client on Windows family based Handy Terminal devices

ainoueainoue SonicWall Employee

Hello,

I got inquiry about the use case of SonicWall VPN client like NetExtender from a prospect.

Does anyone have experience to have used NetExtender on the mobile device such like a Handy Terminal that runs on Windows Embedded Compact 7 or Windows 10/11 IoT Enterprise?

The prospect would like to remotely use Windows family based handy terminal under VPN environment managed by SonicWall UTM.

Category: VPN Client

Best Answers

• CORRECT ANSWER
    prestonpreston Enthusiast ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @ainoue , I've been using on an embedded Windows 10 PC (Mini PC Stick NY41S) and haven't had any issues with any version of Netextender

• CORRECT ANSWER
    prestonpreston Enthusiast ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @ainoue , it is this below what I'm using Windows 10 Pro 22H2 on the Mini PC Stick NY41S

but because the Keyence BT-W300 is using an ARM CPU and it is Windows 7 it won't be compatible with NetExtender because of the below reasons

1) Netextender ARM CPU support yet to be released

2 Windows 7 is not supported anymore due to the supported SSL version

Answers

• ainoueainoue SonicWall Employee
    edited December 2022

Hello,

The handy terminal that my customer is thinking of is Keyence BT-W300 series. They would like to use it remotely and have access to the intranet through VPN.

If anyone know the case in that NetExtender is used on a handy terminal that runs on embedded Windows family OS, could you please share the information? Or if there were information that states "NetExtender doesn't support embedded Windows OS platform, I would like to know about it.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi @preston ,

Thank you so much for the information. It is good to hear that you use NetExtender on an embedded Windows 10 PC without any issues.

I would like to share the information with my customer.

Hi, @preston ,

Thank you for the information. May I ask you about the detail of the OS that your Mini PC Stick NY41S is running on?

Is it Windows 10 IoT Enterprise? Or, a standard Windows 10 Pro? I learned that Keyence BT-W300 handy terminal runs on "Windows Embedded Compact 7". I would like to see if there would be difference.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Hi, @preston ,

Thank you so much for the detail information about your environment.

I understood that your using device runs on Windows 10 Pro not embedded Windows. And it is clear to me that NetExtender is not compatible with Keyence BT-W300.

Thanks again for your help.