Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

NetExtender and Windows 11 Core Isolation

I've downloaded the latest version of NetExtender (App Ver: 10.2.322/Svc Ver: 10.2.300), but it won't install or run unless I disable the Core Isolation/Memory Integrity functionality in Windows 11. Now that we're 4 months since release, how long until we have a compatible version of NetExtender so we can enable this security feature again?

Are there any beta versions available that are compatible?

Category: VPN Client
Tagged:

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    Vijay_Kumar_KVVijay_Kumar_KV Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello

Yes, this issue has been resolved and Windows 11 supported officially now.

Please use Ver-10.2.1.6 and download the latest NX client and check

you can download the latest NX clients from here as well

If you still have issues please open a case and let us know we can take a look. If you have GVC remove and try it.

Thanks

Vijay KV

SME | Premier Services.

Vijay Kumar KV

Enterprise Tech Support Consultant | SME

Answers

• Michael_BischofMichael_Bischof SonicWall Employee
    Version 10.2.322 was recently released and should work for Win11
  • Version 10.2.322 does work with Windows 11, but it will only install if you disable the Core Isolation/Memory Integrity functionality.

Is there a version, possibly in beta, that will work with the Core Isolation/Memory Integrity functionality enabled?

• poder75poder75 Newbie ✭

We are having the exact same issue. I am running the current version of NetExtender, but only with Core Isolation/Memory Integrity turned off in Windows Security. It states the drivers for NetExtender are Incompatible. The driver and version are:

NxDrv.sys

Driver Version:2.0.6.1

Driver date: 10/17/2017

Published name: oem49.inf

• The problem continues. Why isn't it resolved? Isn't there a team to resolve and update the driver to a compatible version? A product that is supposed to be safe forces us to disable a windows security feature. It should be evaluated more carefully.

• FabdFabd Newbie ✭

Hi,

Same problem here, even after uninstalling Netextender! How can we remove all drivers correctly?

Thank you.

• FabdFabd Newbie ✭

Finally, after uninstalling Netextender, I ran the following command as administrator: "pnputil -f -d oem7.inf".

NxDrv.sys was published as oem7.inf in my case. The package was successfully removed, and I was able to enable the memory integrity feature.

Fabd.

• I have a user (soon more) that need to be able to run Netextender to connect and I wish to have memory integrity turned on. When will an update be ready?

• scanacarscanacar Newbie ✭

I am using netextender version 10.2.311. The version of nxdrv.sys is still 2.0.6.1 and still causing memory integrity to fail and forcing you to disable this of you want to use netextender.

Is there a workaround for this? Or should I use a different program? I do not understand that Sonicwall is just ignoring this issue for more than a year?!

• Has this been resolved yet so the security features in Windows 11 can be used?

• Liz_RLiz_R Newbie ✭

VIJAY_KUMAR_KV is telling us to use Ver-10.2.1.6? Where do I even find a version that old??? It's not available for download...

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@Liz_R thats a misunderstanding, @Vijay_Kumar_KV was talking about the latest SMA Firmware 10.2.1.6 at this time (which is now 10.2.1.7) if it applies. The NetExtender bundled with the SMA is 10.2.331, if you're using NXT with your Firewall you have to pick the latest Client from over here:

--Michael@BWC