Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Can't access specific server via SSLVPN

CITSCITS Newbie ✭
edited November 2022 in SSL VPN

Weird problem...

TZ350, v6.5.4.10-95n

There is ONE new Windows Server 2022 machine on this system that I can (almost) never access through SSLVPN. Ping, SMB, RDP, all fail. Access from LAN works fine. Have not had VPN connectivity problems with any other machine, although there are only a handful at this site that I use remotely.

I was able to access the problem server via VPN once or twice. I don't know what magic made that happen.

Not name resolution; doesn't work with IP either.

There are no firewall rules on the SonicWall that involve its IP address. I have given it a different IP just to make sure and there was no change.

If I turn off Windows firewall on the server, there’s no change.

When I do a packet capture through a VPN connection setting monitor source filter to the VPN client IP. destination filter to the server IP, and protocol to ICMP, and do a continuous ping from the VPN client, I see packets I don't understand. I get 10-25 of these--

--followed by 1 of these--

--then a dozen or two more of the consumed LLC(0x0)'s followed by another LLC(0x27), and on and on.

But I don't see any of my ICMP packets.

It's probably telling me what the problem is, but I don't know how to interpret it. What is this telling me?

TIA

Category: SSL VPN

Answers

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

@CITS

check whether you added that server in SSL VPN client routes;

• CITSCITS Newbie ✭

Ajishlal, thanks for your reply. The X0 subnet is in Client Routes. This server, and all other LAN devices, are on X0; it's a flat network.

• CITSCITS Newbie ✭

Unless there are further ideas, I guess I'll need to open a support ticket.