Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Faking/Testing SNMP traps

Hello, is there any way to send test SNMP traps from Firewall device?

Category: Firewall Management and Analytics

Answers

• sukur55sukur55 Newbie ✭
    edited November 2022

If someone can give me an example SNMP TRAP converted to snmptrap command it can help, I need to know what Sonicwall sends and how we can process it.

For example following TRAPS, I need an example to be able to understand what will I receive

trapTypeHaSyncingError                (662), -- Error Synchronizing HA Peer Firewall

trapTypeHaRebootingError            (663), -- Error Rebooting HA Peer Firewall

trapTypeHaHaLicenseError            (664), -- License of HA pair doesn't match

trapTypeHaRebootReceivedPrimary         (665), -- Primary received reboot signal from Secondary

trapTypeHaRebootReceivedBackup         (666), -- Secondary firewall being preempted by Primary

trapTypeSrcConnOverLimit            (667), -- Packet dropped; connection limit for this source IP address has been reached

trapTypeDstConnOverLimit            (668), -- Packet dropped; connection limit for this destination IP address has been reached

• Mr_KlaatuMr_Klaatu SonicWall Employee

@sukur55

I am not sure if I got your questions correct. If you are trying to interpret the SonicWall SNMP traps, you can use the MIB file on a MIB Browser. You can get the MIB File for your Firewall and the specific Firmware that is running on the Firewall. Its available as a file download at the mysonicwall.com account >>download center>>search by product line>>firewall model number>>choose your firewalls running firmware version>>right under the firmware version, you can find the MIB file. Once downloaded, import the file to a SNMP NMS or Application Server or use a free MIB Browser like ManageEngine MIB Browser to receive and interpret the traps and view the details. Here is an demo/example using ManageEngine MIB Browser and SonicWall NSa3700 Firewall MIB for SonicOS 7.0.1-5065